Terms and conditions
Please read carefully
Please read carefully
1. The provisions of this document (the Standard Terms), together with any accompanying Quote and / or Proposal, constitute a contract (the Contract) between you and CETSAT which becomes binding as set out in clause 2 below.
2.1 your indication of acceptance, whether by email, signature, purchase order or any other means, of a Quote and / or a Proposal during the stated validity period of that Quote and / or Proposal (or, if no such validity period is stated, within 14 days of the date of issue of such Quote and / or Proposal);
2.2 your Acceptance of any Deliverables; or
2.3 CETSAT incurring cost liabilities to third parties in respect of the provision of Deliverables to you, with your prior knowledge (unless you have told CETSAT not to incur such costs).
3. You expressly acknowledge and agree that any Quote and / or Proposal issued to you is expressly subject to (and incorporates) the Standard Terms. Accordingly, any purchase order, order confirmation or other form of acceptance by you of a Quote and / or a Proposal which purports to amend or replace the Standard Terms or any provision of the Quote and / or Proposal in question:
3.1 will constitute valid acceptance of the Contract; but
3.2 will not otherwise have the effect of in any way amending or replacing the provisions of the Contract.
4. A Quote or Proposal may contain Special Terms. If so, those Special Terms form part of the Contract and, to the extent they conflict with the Standard Terms, will prevail over the Standard Terms.
5. As set out more fully in clauses 41 to 45 below, Third Party Terms may also apply, in which case they also form part of the Contract as described in clauses 43 and 44 below and, to the extent they conflict with the Standard Terms, will prevail over the Standard Terms, but only in respect of the specific Deliverables to which they relate.
6. The following words and phrases have the meaning set out against them below:
|Accepted||has the meaning given to it in clause 16 below, and Acceptance will be construed accordingly.|
|Affected Party||has the meaning given in clause 23.|
|Binding Third Party Terms||has the meaning given in clause 43.|
|CETSAT||means CETSAT Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04176845.|
|CETSAT Equipment||means any physical item provided or made available to you by CETSAT as part of or in support of provision of the Deliverables, ownership of which does not pass to you.|
|CETSAT Intellectual Property Rights||means all Intellectual Property Rights owned by or licensed to CETSAT which are not Developed Intellectual Property Rights.|
means all information, in any form, which either:
and which is not:
|Contract||has the meaning given to it in clause 1 above.|
|Data Protection Legislation||has the meaning given to the term “the data protection legislation” in the Data Protection Act 2018.|
|Deliverables||means any products and / or services provided or to be provided to you by (or on behalf of) CETSAT pursuant to any Quote and / or Proposal, or the Contract.|
|Dependency Failure||means a failure by you to comply with your obligations under the Contract or to provide or otherwise make available (on time, accurately or otherwise) any item, resource, information, access or other thing which CETSAT reasonably requires from you in order to provide the Deliverables to you, the effect of which is to make it impossible or impractical for CETSAT to perform its obligations under the Contract, either at all or without incurring material additional cost or expenditure.|
|Developed Intellectual Property Rights||means all Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in or attached to materials produced exclusively for you in the provision of the Deliverables.|
|General Data Protection Regulation||means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.|
|Illicit Material||means any imagery or other content that is prohibited by law or otherwise highly likely to cause offence, including material relating to child pornography.|
|Intellectual Property Rights||means all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trade marks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.|
|Proposal||means a proposal document (including emails or a response to a competitive tender exercise run by you or on your behalf) issued by an authorised representative of CETSAT, setting out (in more detail than is appropriate for a Quote) the Deliverables which CETSAT is prepared to provide to you, together with the associated price and any applicable Special Terms or Third Party Terms.|
|Quote||means a quote (or quotation) document (including emails) issued by an authorised representative of CETSAT, setting out the Deliverables which CETSAT is prepared to provide to you, together with the associated price and any applicable Special Terms or Third Party Terms.|
|Special Terms||means any specific and express additions to, amendments of or derogations of the Standard Terms set out in writing in any Quote or Proposal.|
|Standard Terms||has the meaning given to it in clause 1 above.|
|the parties||means you and CETSAT together.|
|Third Party Terms||means any contract provisions applicable to any Deliverable which CETSAT sources from a third party on your behalf or in order to be able to provide the Deliverables to you, as set out in a contract between CETSAT and the third party in question (and as may be varied from time to time in accordance with clause 66 below).|
|Time-Based Charges||means the sum calculated pursuant to clause 36 below.|
|Transferring Employee||means an employee who is the subject of a relevant transfer, within the meaning of TUPE.|
|True-Up Sum||has the meaning given in clause 35.2 below.|
|TUPE||means the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.|
|Malware||means any hardware-hosted and / or software-hosted virus, worm, Trojan horse, ransomware, malware, spyware, security override or other piece of malicious code of any type.|
|Volume-Based Charges||means the sum calculated pursuant to clauses 33 to 35 below.|
|we, us, our||and related terms refer to you and CETSAT together.|
|you, your||and related terms refer to the company or other legal entity to which a Quote or Proposal is addressed, or (if no Quote or Proposal has been issued) to which Deliverables are provided pursuant to the Contract.|
7. Any words following “including”, “includes”, “for example”, “in particular” or any similar expression are illustrative only and do not change the sense of the wider clause they are used in.
Provision of the Deliverables
8. Subject to the terms of the Contract, CETSAT will provide the Deliverables to you:
8.1 in accordance with the applicable Quote and / or Proposal; and
8.2 otherwise, with reasonable skill, care and diligence.
9. Where any times for provision of the Deliverables are set out in any Quote or Proposal:
9.1 CETSAT will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Deliverables in accordance with any such times; and
9.2 unless otherwise expressly set out in any Special Terms, such times are indicative only and are not of the essence of the Contract.
10. Unless otherwise expressly set out in any Special Terms:
10.1 CETSAT’s responsibility in respect of the Deliverables is to provide them in accordance with the applicable Quote and / or Proposal; and
10.2 CETSAT does not warrant that provision of the Deliverables will deliver any specific output or outcome, or achieve any specific performance levels.
11. CETSAT may use sub-contractors and other third party suppliers to support provision of the Deliverables to you, but remains responsible to you for provision of the Deliverables in accordance with the Contract.
12. CETSAT will use suitably qualified and experienced personnel to provide the Deliverables.
13. To the extent that a Dependency Failure impacts on CETSAT’s ability to provide the Deliverables, CETSAT will be relieved from its obligation to provide the affected Deliverables (and any associated liability arising from non-provision of the affected Deliverables), but will be entitled to charge you as if they had been provided.
14. Without prejudice to clause 13 above, CETSAT will ensure that its representatives who are visiting your premises comply with your lawful and reasonable instructions and (where communicated to such representatives) policies whilst at your premises.
Acceptance of the Deliverables
16. Except to the extent that other Acceptance criteria have been expressly set out in any applicable Quote and / or Proposal (in which case all relevant Deliverables will be Accepted in accordance with such criteria), you will be deemed to have Accepted a Deliverable on the earliest of the following:
16.1 your express acceptance of the Deliverable, communicated in any form;
16.3 in cases not covered by clause 16.2 above, 48 hours after your first use of the Deliverable (or any software, hardware or other item in respect of which the Deliverable was provided);
16.4 5 days after provision of the Deliverable or, if it is reasonably practicable for you to identify any shortcomings in the Deliverable within a shorter period, at expiry of such shorter period; or
16.5 where the Deliverable in question is (pursuant to clause 41 below) subject to Third Party Terms and those Third Party Terms deal with the concept of acceptance of the Deliverable, at the time acceptance occurs in accordance with those Third Party Terms.
17. Once you have (or are deemed to have) Accepted a Deliverable you are not entitled to reject it. This does not affect your statutory remedies to the extent that a Deliverable is defective and the defect is such that it could not reasonably have been identified in the applicable time period (or, where set out in a Quote or Proposal, applicable process) for Acceptance.
18. Even if you have Accepted a Deliverable, ownership of it does not pass to you (and therefore, to the extent that such Deliverable is a tangible asset, it constitutes an item of CETSAT Equipment) until you have paid for it in full.
Mutual Rights and Obligations
20. Neither of us will place (nor allow our respective employees, agents or contractors to place) the other in breach of the Bribery Act 2010, Data Protection Legislation or any other applicable law.
21. Each of us will at all times act reasonably and in good faith in respect of our dealings with each other under the Contract.
22.1 not disclose (or allow to be disclosed) any Confidential Information of the other, without express consent from the other (except where legally compelled to so disclose, in which case the party being compelled to disclose will, as far as it is legally permitted to do so, promptly notify the other party of the request for disclosure and withhold disclosure for as long as is legally permitted);
22.2 use the Confidential Information only for the purpose of fulfilling our respective obligations under the Contract or our legal obligations (but excluding contractual obligations owed to a third party);
22.3 promptly, on either request from the other party or termination (or expiry) of the Contract, return to the other party all their Confidential Information or, where return is impractical, destroy such Confidential Information, provided that nothing in this provision will prevent a party from retaining a copy of any Confidential Information to the extent they are legally required to do so and have notified the other party that this is the case (in which case the restrictions in clauses 22.1 and 22.2 above will continue to apply to such retained copy).
23.1 provided the Affected Party is continuing to use all reasonable endeavours to overcome such impact, it will be relieved from such obligations for so long as such impact subsists;
23.3 to the extent that, pursuant to this clause 23, CETSAT is relieved from its obligation to provide the Deliverables, it is not entitled to be paid for any Deliverables not provided; and
23.4 nothing in this clause 23 will relieve you from your obligation to pay for Deliverables provided to you or your obligation to pay interest on late payments as set out in clause 29 below.
Your Payment Obligations
24.1 to the extent the Quote and / or Proposal indicates that a Deliverable is to be paid on a “fixed sum” basis (or similar language), in accordance with clause 25 below;
24.2 to the extent the Quote and / or Proposal indicates that a Deliverable is to be paid on a “milestone” basis (or similar language), in accordance with clause 26 below;
24.3 to the extent the Quote and / or Proposal indicates that a Deliverable is to be paid on a “volume-based” basis (or similar language), in accordance with clause 27 below; and
24.4 to the extent the Quote and / or Proposal indicates that a Deliverable is to be paid on a “time and materials” basis (or similar language), or Deliverables are provided for which no payment basis is specified, in accordance with clause 28 below.
25.2 at the end of each month during provision of the Deliverables in question, and at the same time as invoicing you under clause 25.1 above, CETSAT may also invoice you for the following in respect of provision of the Deliverables in question, as incurred during the preceding month (or part-month), to the extent that such amounts are not expressly covered under the fixed sum in question:
25.3 you must pay such invoiced sums so that they reach CETSAT’s nominated bank account in cleared funds on or before the due date indicated in the “Payment Terms” section of the applicable Quote and / or Proposal.
26.1 CETSAT will invoice you the relevant milestone sum in question following completion or achievement of each milestone (as evidenced in the manner set out in the Quote and / or Proposal or, if no such detail is set out, as objectively evidenced by any reasonable means, including your Acceptance of any Deliverables comprising such milestone) as set out in the Quote and / or Proposal;
26.2 at the end of each month during provision of the Deliverables in question, and at the same time as invoicing you under clause 26.1 above, CETSAT may also invoice you for the following in respect of provision of the Deliverables in question, as incurred during the preceding month (or part-month), to the extent that such amounts are not expressly covered under the milestone sum in question:
26.3 you must pay such invoiced sums so that they reach CETSAT’s nominated bank account in cleared funds on or before the due date indicated in the “Payment Terms” section of the Quote and / or Proposal.
27.2 at the same time as invoicing you under clause 27.1 above, CETSAT may also invoice you for the following in respect of provision of the Deliverables in question, as incurred during the preceding month, to the extent that such amounts are not expressly covered under the Volume-Based Charges:
27.3 you must pay such invoiced sums so that they reach CETSAT’s nominated bank account in cleared funds on or before the due date indicated in the “Payment Terms” section of the applicable Quote and / or Proposal.
28.2 at the same time as invoicing you under clause 28.1 above, CETSAT may also invoice you for the following in respect of provision of the Deliverables in question, as incurred during the preceding month, to the extent that such amounts are not expressly covered under the Time-Based Charges:
28.3 you must pay such invoiced sums so that they reach CETSAT’s nominated bank account in cleared funds on or before the due date indicated in the “Payment Terms” section of the applicable Quote and / or Proposal.
29. To the extent that you do not pay any sums due under the Contract by the relevant due date, you must also pay interest to CETSAT on such sums at the annual rate of 5% above the base lending rate from time to time of NatWest Bank plc, accruing on a daily basis until payment is made, whether before or after any judgment. This is without prejudice to any other remedies CETSAT may have in respect of such late payment, including entitlement to recover from you CETSAT’s costs (including legal costs) of enforcing payment.
30. To the extent that you do not pay any sums due under the Contract by the relevant due date, and any such sum remains unpaid 20 days after the relevant due date and after at least 2 requests (by any method) for payment, on separate days, we may suspend provision of any and all ongoing or outstanding Deliverables without incurring any liability to you in respect of such suspension. Any such suspension will not relieve you of your obligation to pay any sums due under applicable Third Party Terms in respect of the suspended Deliverables, and is without prejudice to our wider rights and remedies (including the right to commence formal legal proceedings against you for recovery of the sums due (plus interest pursuant to clause 29 above) and any other losses we suffer as a result of your non-payment or the suspension of the Deliverables).
31. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all amounts shown in the Quote and / or Proposal are exclusive of VAT, which CETSAT will add to its invoices and which shall be payable by you at the prevailing rate.
32. You must raise any disputes in respect of invoices issued to you under the Contract by the earlier of:
32.1 the due date for payment of the disputed sum(s); or
32.2 the date falling 14 days after the date of issue of the invoice in question.
33.1 your consumption of units of the Deliverable in question for the period in question (for example, number of personnel or servers supported, amount of storage used in GB, or level of egress traffic in GB) will be ascertained (or deemed in accordance with clause 34 below);
33.2 that level of consumption will be multiplied by the applicable unit price, or otherwise used to establish the applicable price (for example, where a fixed price is payable for all consumption falling within a particular band of consumption) to give the total amount payable for the Deliverable in question for the period in question;
33.3 the steps in clauses 33.1 and 33.2 will be repeated for each relevant Deliverable, with the results the aggregated; and
33.4 any True-Up Sum due, as identified pursuant to clause 35.2 below will be added on.
34. Whilst CETSAT reserves the right to take steps to ascertain your level of consumption of units of Deliverables which are subject to Volume-Based Charges (and you must promptly on request provide CETSAT with such information and access to premises, systems, people and records as CETSAT may reasonably require to verify the same), it is your responsibility to notify CETSAT of any changes to such consumption as against the baseline level set out in the Quote and / or Proposal or the level for the previous month (or other relevant period), as the case may be. In the absence of any such notification or CETSAT ascertaining your level of consumption, your consumption will (without prejudice to clause 35 below) be deemed to be the same as the baseline level set out in the Quote and / or Proposal or, if different, the level for the previous month (or other relevant period).
35.1 to the extent that the deemed level of consumption was too high, there will be no adjustment to previous Volume-Based Charges; and
35.2 to the extent that the deemed level of consumption was too low, CETSAT will be entitled to invoice you an amount to be included as Volume-Based Charges (theTrue-Up Sum) reflecting, for each month (or other relevant period) in which the previously-invoiced Volume-Based Charges were affected by the deemed level of consumption being too low, the difference between Volume-Based Charges based on the relevant deemed level of consumption and Volume-Based Charges based on the (subsequently-identified) true level of consumption.
36. The Time-Based Charges for a month (or such other period as may be specified in the Quote and / or Proposal) will be calculated by reference to CETSAT’s standard daily fee rates, as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 37 below (and subject to any amendments to such rates set out in any Special Terms), and in accordance with the following principles:
36.1 CETSAT’s standard daily fee rates for each individual engaged by CETSAT shall be calculated on the basis of an eight-hour working day, falling entirely within Standard Hours for the Deliverable in question, pro-rated as necessary using 15-minute units (or such other unit as is specified in the Quote and / or Proposal);
36.2 where any individual is (without prejudice to clause 15 above) required to work outside of Standard Hours for the Deliverable in question, the fee rates used to calculate the Time-Based Charges will be uplifted as follows:
36.3 CETSAT will ensure that every individual whom it engages to provide any Deliverables that are subject to Time-Based Charges will complete time sheets recording time spent providing those Deliverables, and these will be used to calculate the Time-Based Charges.
37. CETSAT may, on up to 2 occasions in any calendar year, amend its standard daily fee rates as used to calculate Time-Based Charges, with such amendment to be treated as an update to these Standard Terms in accordance with (and subject to) clause 64 below.
Your Other Obligations
38. You are responsible for ensuring that all information provided by you (or on your behalf) to CETSAT in support of or in relation to CETSAT’s provision of the Deliverables, whether such information was provided before the date of the Contract or is provided after that date, is complete and accurate in all material respects.
39. You must:
39.1 ensure a safe working environment for all CETSAT personnel attending your premises;
39.2 inform CETSAT of all health and safety rules and regulations and any other reasonable security requirements that apply at any of the your premises;
39.3 at your own cost, prepare and maintain any relevant premises for the provision of the Deliverables, such that they are suitable for the provision and / or installation of Deliverables and any CETSAT Equipment;
39.4 except to the extent that this is expressly CETSAT’s responsibility (as an express Deliverable), obtain and maintain all necessary software licences and consents for the systems used by you for the duration of the Contract;
39.5 keep, maintain and insure all CETSAT Equipment that is hosted at your premises (or premises at which you have requested the hosting of CETSAT Equipment) in good condition, and not dispose of or use any CETSAT Equipment other than in accordance with CETSAT’s written instructions or authorisation;
39.6 ensure that all system components and other items (including your power supply) with which any CETSAT Equipment may in any way interface are safe, in good working order, and maintained and operated in accordance with any applicable national or international standards or requirements and / or the manufacturer’s operating manual;
39.7 prior to any relocation or transportation of any CETSAT Equipment, seek advice from CETSAT as to how to implement the same, and then comply with such advice; and
39.8 except to the extent that responsibility for this is expressly CETSAT’s (as an express Deliverable), take all reasonable steps to keep your systems free of Malware and, in particular, ensure that no CETSAT Equipment is infected with any Malware.
40. You must take all necessary steps to ensure that your systems and all CETSAT Equipment remain at all times free of Illicit Material. Where, despite this obligation, a CETSAT representative or item of CETSAT Equipment is exposed to Illicit Material, you:
40.1 acknowledge and accept that CETSAT or its representative may report this to the police or any other relevant oversight organisation without that constituting a breach of clause 22 or any other obligation owed to you under the Contract or otherwise;
40.2 acknowledge and accept that this may constitute a Dependency Failure; and
40.3 agree to take full legal and financial responsibility for all liabilities or costs arising from the same.
Third Party Terms
42. CETSAT will provide to you copies of any Third Party Terms (or relevant extracts of them) that apply to you.
43. Where a Quote and / or Proposal indicates that specific provisions of the Third Party Terms are to be directly binding on you (theBinding Third Party Terms), those provisions will be deemed to be incorporated into the Contract, with:
43.1 references to CETSAT (under whatever terminology) replaced with references to you;
43.2 references to the third party supplier in question replaced with references to CETSAT; and
43.3 any other changes made to the extent necessary to make such provisions work in the context of the Contract.
44.1 you must not do (or omit to do) anything which places CETSAT in breach of the Third Party Terms;
44.2 the amount payable by you in respect of Deliverables covered by the Third Party Terms, in accordance with clause 25.2(a), 26.2(a), 27.2(a) and / or 28.2(a) (as relevant), will be the amount which CETSAT is obliged to pay for such Deliverables under such Third Party Terms;
44.3 any limitations, conditions or qualifications in the Third Party Terms on or of what the third party supplier in question is obliged to do, provide or be liable for will be deemed to be included in the Contract as limitations on what CETSAT is obliged to do, provide or be liable for;
44.4 CETSAT has no liability to you in respect of the quality, fitness for purpose, characteristics or workmanship of any Deliverables governed by Third Party Terms beyond that of the third party supplier in question;
44.5 where the Third Party Terms set out a process for CETSAT’s exercise of any remedies against the third party supplier in question, you must do everything within your control to enable CETSAT to comply with such remedy in order to exercise any equivalent remedy against CETSAT under the Contract;
44.6 any minimum term for provision of the Deliverables that is set out in the Third Party Terms (including any extension of that minimum term, by auto-renewal or otherwise, subject to your compliance with clause 44.7 below) will be binding on you, notwithstanding the duration of the Minimum Term; and
and you wish to make such a change under the Contract, it is your responsibility to notify CETSAT of such a change or opt-out at least 7 days before the last day on which CETSAT can give such notice under the Third Party Terms.
46. During the term of the Contract and for a period of 6 months afterwards, you will not (and will not cause or incite any third party to) solicit any CETSAT employee away from their employment. You will be deemed to be in breach of this clause 46 where:
46.1 within the period described above, any CETSAT employee leaves CETSAT’s employment to employment by you or any third party associated with you (including members of your corporate group); and
46.2 you are not able to demonstrate, to CETSAT’s reasonable satisfaction, that such change in employment arose as a result of the employee in question responding to a genuine and openly-advertised vacancy which neither you nor any third party associated with you took any steps to bring to the specific attention of such employee.
47. You warrant that no employees (either your own or those of one of your other suppliers) will transfer to employment by CETSAT as a Transferring Employee as a result of CETSAT committing to provide the Deliverables (or accepting any change to the Deliverables). If such a situation nonetheless arises, you hereby indemnify and hold CETSAT harmless from and against all costs, charges, damages, penalties, losses, expenses (including reasonable legal expenses) and liabilities arising from:
47.1 any and all claims and liabilities based on or arising from events or circumstances that occurred or prevailed before the date of the relevant transfer (as such term is defined in TUPE);
47.2 any claim for dismissal (whether unfair or otherwise) brought by the Transferring Employee at any time in respect of a dismissal (or purported dismissal) occurring within 6 months after the date of the relevant transfer (as such term is defined in TUPE).
49. CETSAT hereby grants to you (to the extent any third party licence terms imposed on CETSAT permit it to do so) at no additional charge a worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the CETSAT Intellectual Property Rights to the extent necessary to enable you to receive, use and / or derive the intended benefit from the Deliverables provided by CETSAT, provided that:
49.1 you may only sub-license such licence in accordance with and subject to the restrictions of this clause 49; and
49.2 nothing in this clause 49 permits you or any sub-licensee to use any CETSAT Intellectual Property Rights in competition with CETSAT or any other party identified to you by CETSAT.
50. You acknowledge that, without prejudice to its rights to enforce clause 49 above (and its remedies under that clause), CETSAT may take reasonable steps, including the use of security controls, monitoring software and user account controls, to monitor and pro-actively promote compliance with the provisions of clause 49 above.
51. Until you have paid CETSAT in full all sums payable under the Contract, CETSAT licenses the Developed Intellectual Property Rights to you on terms equivalent to those set out in clause 49 above. Immediately on full payment of all sums payable under the Contract, CETSAT hereby assigns to you (by way of present assignment of future rights) ownership of the Developed Intellectual Property Rights, subject to the provisions of clause 52 below.
52. Immediately on your assumption of ownership of the Developed Intellectual Property Rights pursuant to clause 51 above, unless the Special Terms expressly say otherwise you hereby grant to CETSAT (by way of present grant of future rights) a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and perpetual licence to use the Developed Intellectual Property Rights to promote CETSAT and to enable CETSAT to provide products and / or services to others, provided that:
52.1 CETSAT may only sub-license such licence in accordance with and subject to the restrictions of this clause 52; and
52.2 nothing in this clause 52 permits CETSAT or any sub-licensee to use any Developed Intellectual Property Rights in competition with you.
53.2 it is your responsibility to ensure that all such processing by CETSAT is (assuming it is duly performed in accordance with clause 53.1 above) is permitted by Data Protection Legislation and that, in particular, a lawful basis for such processing exists and you have complied with your transparency obligations owed to data subjects; and
54. Without prejudice to clause 53 above, where, pursuant to the Contract, CETSAT processes any personal data on your behalf, the Contract is deemed to incorporate all clauses required to give effect to Article 28(3) of the General Data Protection Regulation in respect of such processing.
Term and Termination
55. The Contract will commence on the date it becomes binding pursuant to clause 2 above and will end on the earlier of:
55.1 its termination in accordance with any provision of clause 56 or 57 below; or
55.2 the expiry date set out in the Quote and / or Proposal (or, if no such date is specified, the date of CETSAT’s provision of the last Deliverable).
56.1 immediately by written notice to CETSAT where CETSAT has committed a material breach of a material provision of the Contract and, where such breach is capable of remedy, you have previously notified CETSAT of the breach in writing and afforded CETSAT a reasonable period within which to remedy such breach;
56.2 immediately by written notice to CETSAT where CETSAT is subject to any proceedings in bankruptcy, insolvency or winding-up, or the appointment of an assignee for the benefit of creditors or of a receiver, or any similar situation arising;
56.4 after the Minimum Term has expired, for convenience by provision of at least 60 days’ advance notice in writing to CETSAT (provided that any notice served before expiry of the Minimum Term will be deemed to be served on the first day following expiry of the Minimum Term).
57.1 immediately by written notice to you where you have committed a material breach of a material provision of the Contract and, where such breach is capable of remedy, CETSAT has previously notified you of the breach in writing and afforded you a reasonable period within which to remedy such breach;
57.3 immediately by written notice to you where you are subject to any proceedings in bankruptcy, insolvency or winding-up, or the appointment of an assignee for the benefit of creditors or of a receiver, or any similar situation arising;
57.5 after the Minimum Term has expired, for convenience by provision of at least 60 days’ advance notice in writing to you (provided that any notice served before expiry of the Minimum Term will be deemed to be served on the first day following expiry of the Minimum Term).
Consequences of Termination
58. Termination of the Contract will not affect any rights or liabilities accrued before such termination and will not affect the continued application of any provision of the Contract to the extent it is, expressly or implicitly, is intended to survive termination of the Contract, including clauses 19 to 22, 24 to 26, 39.5 to 39.8, 46, 48. 49 (subject to clause 62), 51 (subject to clause 62), 52, 53.3, 60 to 63, 68 to 70, 76 and 77, together with any other provision required to give effect to the same.
59. Termination of the Contract will not, unless expressly stated otherwise in the Third Party Terms or the Special Terms, affect the continued application of the Third Party Terms in accordance with clauses 43 to 45.
60.1 CETSAT will be entitled to invoice for payment against all Deliverables provided but not yet invoiced for as at the date of termination;
60.2 you must promptly return to CETSAT (or, at CETSAT’s choice, destroy in accordance with CETSAT’s reasonable instructions or make available for collection by CETSAT) all CETSAT Equipment in your possession or at premises occupied or used by you; and
60.3 clause 22.3 above will apply.
61. Where the Contract is terminated pursuant to clause 56.4, 57.1, 57.2 or 57.3:
61.1 all invoiced sums will become immediately due at the point of such termination; and
61.2 you must, before or immediately following such termination, pay to CETSAT all sums (including cancellation costs and charges where relevant) payable under any applicable Third Party Terms for the remainder of any applicable minimum term under such Third Party Terms.
62. Where the Contract is terminated pursuant to clause 57.2 or 57.3, all licences granted to you (and all sub-licences under them) pursuant to clauses 49 and 51 will also terminate with effect from the date of termination of the Contract.
63. The provisions of clauses 60 to 62 above are without prejudice to the wider rights and remedies of either party in respect of termination of the Contract or the events or circumstances giving rise to such termination.
Changes to Contract
64. CETSAT may from time to time update these Standard Terms, subject to providing you with at least 45 days’ prior written notice (setting out the changes to apply). If you do not accept the changes in question you must notify CETSAT before expiry of that notice period, failing which the Standard Terms updated will apply from the end of that notice period. If you object to the changes in question and you and CETSAT are not able to agree on alternative terms before expiry of the notice period stated above, the Contract will, at expiry of that notice period, terminate without further notice (and be treated as having been terminated pursuant to clause 57.5 above, notwithstanding that such termination may take place prior to the expiry of any Minimum Term).
65. CETSAT may at any time (without clause 64 above applying) make changes to the way in which the Deliverables are provided which do not adversely or materially change the features or functionality of the Deliverables and do not materially and adversely affect your rights and remedies under the Contract (including, for example, changes to resources used or hours of operation). If we agree to any other changes to the applicable Quote and / or Proposal, including any Special Terms, they are not valid unless and until expressly agreed by our respective authorised representatives in writing (including emails). Any such change is an amendment to the existing Contract and does not create a new Contract.
66. The Third Party Terms (including any increases to prices thereunder) may be varied in accordance with the Third Party Terms, and any such variation will become binding at the same time it becomes binding under the Third Party Terms or, if later, the earliest of:
66.1 the date on which the variation is communicated to you by CETSAT;
66.2 the date on which the variation is communicated to you by any other third party; or
66.3 the date on which you ought reasonably to have otherwise become aware of it.
67. CETSAT will give as much advance notice as reasonably possible of any such variations to the Third Party Terms (including any increases to prices thereunder), but no failure to do so will prevent the variation from becoming binding as set out in clause 66 above.
Other Legal Terms
68. You will at no time obtain any lien or other right over any CETSAT Equipment, and will at all times ensure that all CETSAT Equipment is clearly marked as the property of CETSAT and is, as far as possible, kept separate from your own property.
69. You hereby grant CETSAT (or its appointed representatives) such immediate and unimpeded access to any premises where CETSAT Equipment is located as CETSAT may require to verify compliance with clause 68 above or to enforce compliance with clause 60.2 above.
70. Nothing in the Contract limits or excludes CETSAT’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or in any other manner not permitted by law, but otherwise CETSAT will in no circumstances be liable under or in connection with the Contract for:
70.3 any amount exceeding the total sums paid or payable by you for provision of the Deliverables, either:
70.4 any liability relating to or arising from defects in any CETSAT Equipment, to the extent that such liability exceeds the liability to CETSAT of the third party which supplied such CETSAT Equipment to CETSAT.
71. Neither party may assign or otherwise transfer the Contract or any part of it without the express consent of the other.
72. The Contract constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between them relating to the subject matter of the Contract.
73. Each party acknowledges that, in entering into the Contract, it does not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty of any person (whether or not that person is a party to the Contract) other than as expressly set out in the Contract.
74. Nothing in the Contract is intended to, or shall operate to, create a partnership between the parties, or to authorise either party to act as agent for the other.
75. All notices and other communications in respect of the Contract must be in English.
76. The Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
77. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) that arises out of or in connection with the Contract or its subject matter or formation.