Who are we?
What data do we collect if you are a customer or potential customer with CETSAT?
We may collect and process the following data:
- Company name, address, email and phone number
- Position within company structure
- Full name, business email
- IP address
- Geographical location
- Browser type
- Device type
- Operating system
- Browsing data, such as access times
- Navigation history
How do we collect information about you?
- Complete a form on our Website;
- Complete a survey;
- Correspond with us by phone, email, or in writing;
- Report a problem;
- Sign up to receive our communications;
- Create an account with us;
- Speak to us at an event;
- Enter into a contract with us to receive products and/or services,
- Related social media locations
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our Website such as the products and/or services you searched for and view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
Information about other people
How do we use your personal data?
- To provide the products and/or services to you;
- To communicate with you in relation to the provision of the contracted products and services including assessment.
- To provide you with administrative support such as account creation, security, and responding to issues; and
- Provide you with industry information, surveys, information about our awards and events, offers and promotions, related to the products and/or services.
- Providing you with newsletters, surveys, information about our awards and events, offers, and related to products and services offered by CETSAT which may be of interest to you;
- Communicating with you in relation to any issues, complaints, or disputes;
- Improving the quality of experience when you interact with our products and/or services, including testing the performance and customer experience of our Website;
- Performing analytics on sales/marketing data, determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
NOTE: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests as set out below, under the heading Your rights.
- Send you newsletters, surveys, information about our awards, events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by CETSAT which may be of interest to you;
- To develop, improve, and deliver marketing and advertising for products and services offered by CETSAT
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Legal and other professional advisers, consultants, and professional experts;
- Service providers contracted to us in connection with provision of the products and services such as providers of IT services, and customer relationship management services; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
How long will you keep your personal data?
Where do we store your personal data and how is it protected?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This is an essential temporary cookie used to store data about your visit and any choices you make or data you enter. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
STATCOUNTER – Unique/Returning Cookie (is_unique)
This holds data on your visits to our website. We solely use it to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor on each website and to estimate your accumulated unique visits per site. No personal information is stored in the cookie.
Duration: 5 years
Set by: statcounter.com
Note: This method is being phased out (2016) in favour of 1st party cookies:
STATCOUNTER – 1st Party Visitor Cookie (sc_is_visitor_unique)
This cookie is set by www.cetsat.com. When it is first set, a random id is generated and stored in the cookie in order to avoid counting you as a visitor more than once (e.g. if you are on a mobile device and your IP address changes while you browse). Similarly to the is_unique cookie, this cookie also stores a count of your returning visits.
Duration: 2 years
Set by: www.cetsat.com
Introduced: 2014, in widespread use: mid 2016
Find out more about statcounter.com cookies on their website here – https://statcounter.com/about/cookies/ including how to ‘opt-out’
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.