Senior Engineer (3rd Line)
To provide 3rd Line technical support to external customers, managing and taking ownership of escalations, server and network implementation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Project Management and Technical Lead
• Be an escalation point for more complex service issues from our team of technicians and engineers
• Manage with autonomy and take ownership of workload including; user problems, server and network implementation, escalations, support queries and projects
• To provide technical support by phone, email, remote support or onsite (where required)
• Keep a record of all time and effort on CETSAT’s internal ticketing system
• Create, maintain and upkeep documentation on CETSAT’s knowledgebase
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support and project works
• Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
Skills / Attributes Required
• A “can do” attitude
• Full UK Driving License
• A desire to solve problems and puzzles that you have not encountered before
• Proven experience of managing and delivering technical projects
• A Microsoft qualification in server technologies or similar to MCSE standard
• Knowledge/Experience of (including but not limited to)
- Scripting (PowerShell)
- Servers (Hardware Build, Software, Active Directory, Group Policy etc)
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Network Configuration (VLANS, FIBRE, Wi-Fi etc.)
- Office 365 (Azure, Mailboxes, Licencing)
• Aptitude to use online research tools and internal documentation to find resolutions to problems
• Willingness to help, support and offer excellent service to customers and colleagues
• Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
Skills / Attributes Desirable
• Experience with CISCO, Juniper and SonicWall network devices
• CCNA, JNCIA, SNSA/SNSP or similar
• Experience of working with a Hyper Converged Infrastructure
FINANCE AND OFFICE MANAGER
Assist in administration duties where required.
You will administer services related to our offices, vehicles, and services such as heat, light, insurances, cleaners etc.
We keep documentation about all our clients which allows us to provide great support. You will assist with recording information about new clients and keeping this up to date. This includes financial information, key contacts etc.
COMPLIANCE, CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION
CETSAT are ISO9001:2015 accredited, comply with GDPR, and hold other industry certifications and accreditations.
You will be expected to provide resource to fulfil the privacy and compliance responsibilities for us and our customers and help to ensure that our documentation is kept current.
INVOICING & FINANCE
You will assist with the Invoicing processes, creating ad-hoc invoices where required, but being involved with the pre-checking and creation of monthly invoices for recurring services. You will ensure that customer invoices are imported into the accounting system in preparation for management accounts.
You will provide a point of contact for invoice queries from our customers and will provide credit control for those invoices, running a credit control function with scheduled statement and debt collection process.
You will assist with purchasing invoices, in posting them to our system, reconciling monthly statements and dealing with ad-hoc queries relating to them.
Upload of the bank statement to Xero on a daily basis and reconciliation of the bank accounts within Xero.
You will ensure that cashflow is reconciled on a regular basis producing a weekly cashflow forecast that highlights potential issues and includes a management summary.
Produce management accounts showing revenue, direct costs of sale and overheads split by category as agreed in the Finance Plan, including reconciliation of director’s accounts.
Schedule and collect direct debit payments, encourage client sign up
Process and pay employee expense claims with director approval. Reconcile company credit card expenditure.
Assist with month end payroll
Liaise with our Accountants in ensuring that all legal requirement submissions are met (year end, returns, PAYE, P11D etc)
ANY REASONABLE AD-HOC TASKS
- Keen and enthusiastic individual
- A willingness to learn and develop
- A team player who is willing to muck in and assist with any task
- Smartly dressed, polite, respectful and on time to work
- Willingness to share and transfer knowledge with peers
- Work with a team of motivated, pro-active specialists in an environment that values lifestyle
- Free fruit, tea, coffee and breakfast cereals
- Fitness sessions at lunch with use of company fitness equipment
- Treats provided by our in-house ‘Culture Committee’ including free lunches, free breakfasts, team building activities, a gift on your birthday and dress down days etc.
- Annual company bonus
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Holiday: 22 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
25 days in the 2nd full calendar year of continuous employment
28 days in the 5th full calendar year of continuous employment
We operate an employee benefits scheme (non-contractual) that includes:
• Entitlement to 2 weeks per annum of additional unpaid leave (after 1 year of continuous employment)
• Sabbatical leave of up to 3 months (after 3 years of continuous employment)
• Company Health Scheme and Perks Package (Healthshield – after 2 years of continuous employment)
• NEST Pension Scheme in line with government guidelines
• Cycle to work scheme
• Automatic annual pay review at CPI each January after 12 months continuous employment
• Generous company performance bonus scheme paid bi-annually once you have passed probation
• Free Fruit, Tea, Coffee
• Lunchtime Fitness and Showers Available
Additionally, we often have a Dress-Down Friday on the last Friday of every month and there are Surprises/Treats provided by our in-house “Culture Committee” including but not limited to free lunch, evenings out, excursions etc.
There will be a probationary period of 3 months for this role. Once you have passed probation and your experience deemed suitable you will be offered further Tech Services Team Perks i.e. Out of Hours Support, London Engineer & Maintenance from Home, which all come with their own financial recompense.
Thank you for your interest.
At present, we manage our own recruitment internally through our in-house HR team and recruitment specialists.
If you would like to be considered for appointment in the future when our recruitment processes are reviewed, please email your terms and conditions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call the help desk.