Do you ever question how secure your IT system is?
Are you confident that you have adequate defences set up in the event of a breach in cybersecurity?
Are you leaving things to chance and hoping for the best?
Or maybe you think that ‘super security cover’ comes with an even bigger price tag?
Having a certified system in place to ensure your business is secure is easier and more cost-effective than you think! You can invest in a scheme called ‘Cyber Essentials’.
So, what exactly is Cyber Essentials?
In 2014 the Government worked alongside IT industry leaders to put together a scheme to help businesses with little experience in Cyber Security. The aim of the scheme was for businesses to be able to demonstrate to the public that they are fully committed to improving their cybersecurity defences and ultimately, securing their customer’s data. While a lot of the communication around cybersecurity was previously done at a high level and to high extremes of security breach, this new scheme enabled business to be involved at a more common level, covering off the most likely threats to their business.
Who can benefit?
The Cyber Essentials Scheme has been opened to all organisations both large and small, public, private and charitable. The process of certification is straight forward, cost-effective and ideal to be able to demonstrate that your company is fully committed to securing its data.
What will Cyber Essentials protect against and on what?
The scheme addresses the most common threats to IT; hacking, phishing and password guessing. The scheme will cover all your devices that connect to the Internet such as desktops, laptops, PCs, tablets, smartphones and all types of server and networking equipment.
While the whole ‘cybersecurity breach’ can sound scary, most of the time it is carried out by unskilled professionals and this level of cover will adequately protect your company from these ‘data thieves’.
Advantages to having a Cyber Essentials Certification
There are many advantages to having a Cyber Essentials certification.
- Your customers will be safe in the knowledge that your company is fully committed to protecting their data. With numerous breaches over the past few years, more and more people are concerned about handing over their personal details to a third party.
- You will also ‘tick the box’ for any potential new business that may come your way and get one up on your competitors by showing your commitment to cybersecurity.
- You will be able to build a sound relationship with a trusted IT supplier – which is always useful when things aren’t working the way they should!
- In terms of bidding for contracts, there will be some organisations (particularly in local and national government) that will require this certification.
Certified in just three steps!
There’s a simple three-step process to get you set up….
- Select a Certification Body… You can choose one by clicking this link… although we’d love to point out that we will be happy to help you with your certification!
- Verify that your IT meets the Cyber Essentials’ standards (your Certification Body will be able to help).
- Complete the questionnaire – the Certification Body will verify your answers.
That’s it… you’re done! If you passed, then you will be awarded the Cyber Essentials Certificate!
If you missed the subtle hint, we would be more than happy to help you gain your Cyber Essentials Certificate. We actually think it’s a bit of a no-brainer. From as little as £300, your IT defences will be secure, you will be a responsible business owner/company in they eyes of your customers, and you will have a trusted relationship with your IT supplier (whoever you chose 😉).
So, what are you waiting for?